If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
SIKESTON – Recent bridge inspections have revealed deterioration, requiring MoDOT to restrict heavy loads on the Route 51/Chester Bridge over the Mississippi River in Perry County to 25 tons. New weight-limit signs will be installed on Tuesday, Sept. 8.
· Weight limits on the bridge will be reduced to 25 tons, including loads of grain/grain co-products.
o A regular semi-truck weighs 40 tons.
· Bridge will remain open to traffic.
· Bridge is safe for travel.
· Plans for bridge repairs are underway.
· Prior to repairs, additional information regarding timelines will be released.
· Once completed, the load posting will be increased to 40 tons.