As of March 17, St. Patrick’s Day 2020 until April 3, 2020, the courthouse of Scotland County, located in Memphis, Missouri has been declared off limits to the following:
- Persons who have traveled to any foreign country in the last 14 days
- Persons who reside with or had contact with someone who has traveled to a foreign country within the last 14 days
- Persons who have been asked to self-quarantine by a doctor, hospital or health board
- Persons who have been diagnosed with or have had contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19
- Persons who have an unexplained fever, cough or shortness of breath.
Personal note for local residents:
During this time it is requested that all people in Scotland County and surrounding areas make wise decisions regarding social interactions and priorities about health. Everyone has a responsibility to take care of their health and to help ensure the health and safety of their community, from the oldest to the youngest as well as those who have a higher risk health-issues which could make them more susceptible to COVID-19, as this is a time when we all have to pull together for the betterment, safety, and wellbeing of our community, not to give into panic and fear.