August 11, 2011

Final Contracts Awarded on CDBG Housing Rehab Project



Seven years after first being approved for a more than $400,000 Community Development Block Grant, the remaining funds from the program are expected to be expended after the final eight housing rehabilitation projects were approved by the Memphis City Council at an August 4th meeting.

On August 5, 2004 the Missouri Department of Economic Development announced a $411,750 grant to help fund neighborhood beautification in Memphis. Overall, the state of Missouri released more than $3 million in grants aimed at creating more viable neighborhoods by eliminating blight and improving housing conditions across the state.

The funding was secured through the Northeast Missouri Regional Planning Commission under project coordinator David Davison. The project has been administered by Richard Harper.

Harper submitted bid sheets for the rehabilitation of eight properties in Memphis for city council approval on August 4th.

As recommended by Harper, four bids were awarded to contractor Destry Spurgeon of Arbela. One bid was awarded to Steve Dial Construction. Two bids were awarded to Double D Construction of Edina with the final bid going to B & B Construction, Bobby Small.

The more than $400,000 awarded to the Memphis program targeted revitalization of housing units for 23 low to moderate income (LMI) households as well as demolishing one dilapidated structure.

The grant application initially required a targeted area, with houses within the boundaries of Jefferson Street on the north, Sanders Street on the east, Madison Street on the south and Adams Street on the west.

The project was eventually expanded to allow the expenditure of the total grant amount, a process that has taken seven years.

The grant allows for a maximum of $15,000 to be spent per house for rehabilitation with up to $6,000 more for lead abatement. The home improvements will be funded with a 92.5 percent payment with grant money. The owner will contribute the remaining 7.5 percent of the cost.

Advertise

2013 ADVERTISING RATES

Please call or email { 660.465.7016 or chris@memphisdemocrat.com } with questions about advertising or to start advertising with Memphis Democrat today!

PRINT ADS
$4.50 per column inch
$4.50 per column inch (Classified)
$0.08 each for pre-printed mailer inserts
$0.12 per word for text only Classifieds

ADDITIONAL
$20 for One Spot Color
$50 for Full-Color Process

———————————

ONLINE ADS
$25 
per month for text only business directory ad.

ONLINE AD PRICES
$25 per month small ad
$35 per month medium ad
$50 per month large ad
$75 per month skyscraper ad
$125 per month top banner ad
$135 per month top banner ad


ONLINE AD SIZES
SMALL
 (160X160)
MEDIUM (160×250)
LARGE (300X250)
SKYSCRAPER (160×500)
TOP BANNER AD (728×60)
BANNER AD (728×90)

small-ad-160x160md-ad-160x250lg-ad-300x250sky-ad-160x500top-ad-728x60 banner-ad-728x90

Your Name (required):

Your Email (required):

Ad Size:

Ad Content

If you have an image to include in your ad, browse to find the file.

captcha
Please enter the text you see in the field below, then click send.

FACEBOOK
TWITTER

Bb Server