December 18, 2008

Fire Damages Gorin Home on Route A

A Gorin home sustained extensive damage during a Saturday night fire. According to the Gorin Fire Department, the blaze was reported at the home of Guy McConnell on the south edge of the rural Scotland County town at approximately 9:20 p.m.

Volunteers from the fire department responded to the home to find the roof area of the residence engulfed by flames. The firemen were able to douse the blaze but not before the one-story building sustained extensive fire, smoke and water damage.

The blaze was believed to have started in the attic near a vent-less heater and was believed to be possibly electrical in nature.

McConnell was home at the time of the fire, and was able to escape the blaze uninjured.

Initially the Rutledge Fire Department was contacted for mutual aid response to insure adequate water was available to fight the blaze, but those volunteers were called off prior to arrival once the Gorin Department quickly brought the fire under control.

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » appearance » Widgets » and move a widget into Advertise Widget Zone