November 27, 2008

Quick Call Averts Fire Catastrophe at Local Church

A catastrophe was averted Wednesday afternoon thanks to staff members at the First Baptist Church in Memphis. The church secretary detected smoke in the facility and contacted the Scotland County Fire Department at approximately 2:00 p.m. on November 19th.

A first responder determined that there indeed was a fire in the church rafters, centering around the facilityís furnace.

The fire department was dispatched to the scene and the blaze was quickly extinguished, causing only minor damage to the area directly adjacent to the furnace.

More than a dozen firemen answered the emergency call, taking four fire trucks to the scene.

The departmentís thermal imager device was used to pinpoint the trouble spot, allowing the source to be identified quickly, not only eliminating the spread of the flames but also limiting water damage.

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » appearance » Widgets » and move a widget into Advertise Widget Zone