October 4, 2007

Mobile Home Fire Claims Life of Gorin Man

An early morning blaze at a mobile home in Gorin claimed the life of one resident.

Warren “Corky” Forquer, 64, was pronounced dead at 2:43 a.m. at the scene of the blaze by Scotland County Coroner Ginny Monroe.

The Gorin and Scotland County Fire Departments were dispatched to the fire at 1:47 a.m. on Friday, September 28th. The mobile home was located on Arcade and Ninth streets in Gorin. Forquer’s wife, Dee Ann, awoke and found the home was on fire. She was able to escape the blaze and make it to a neighbor’s to summon aid.

Upon arrival at the scene the fire departments found the mobile home totally engulfed in flames. The fire had destroyed the front half of the home, catching an adjoining vehicle on fire.

Rescue crews from the Gorin Fire Department located the body of Corky Forquer in the rear bedroom of the home.

Dee Ann was transported by Scotland County Ambulance to Scotland County Memorial Hospital in Memphis for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation.

The Missouri Fire Marshall’s office investigated the scene and determined the fire was of an accidental nature, possibly caused by an un-extinguished cigarette.

Medical examinations revealed that Forquer’s death was a direct result of the fire. No autopsy was scheduled.

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » appearance » Widgets » and move a widget into Advertise Widget Zone