February 8, 2007

Saturday Morning Fire Claims Home of Gorin Family

A Gorin family lost their home and belongings to a fire Saturday morning, February 3rd. Lonnie and Teresa Sears and their two children were not home at the time of the blaze that destroyed their rural residence near the Scotland County/Clark County line.

A neighbor reported the fire after noticing flames coming through the roof of the home while passing by on the road.

Gorin Fire Chief Mike Parrish said his department received the call around 9:30 a.m. that morning and dispatched four fire trucks to the scene. The house was fully engulfed by flames when the department arrived and was beyond saving, Parrish stated.

The Wyaconda Fire Department also responded to the emergency.

The fire was believed to have originated in the home’s wood-burning stove.

A benefit soup supper for the Sears family has been planned at the Gorin Methodist Church on Sunday, February 11th from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » appearance » Widgets » and move a widget into Advertise Widget Zone