July 17, 2003
Welder Sparks Blamed For Hay Barn Blaze
Sparks from a nearby welder were blamed for a fire that destroyed a barn and more than 150 bales of hay at the Jon Fuller property on Fountain Road near the Scotland/Schuyler County line Monday, July 14.
The Scotland County Fire Department was dispatched to the scene just after 6:00 p.m. but arrived on the scene to find the barn and its contents fully engulfed in flames. The barn was completely destroyed while the hay bales were unsalvageable and continued to burn well into the next day.
The county fire department was joined by the fire department from Downing. The firemen worked to preserve a pair of adjacent grain bins by cooling the metal buildings. Both fire departments remained on the scene until near midnight to insure the fire did not spread to a pair of nearby hayfields or any other adjoining buildings or structures.
- CHURCH NEWS
- CLASSIFIED ADS
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- SOCIAL NEWS