May 30, 2002
HOWARD CLARK NELSON
(8/26/1913 - 5/23/2002)
Howard Clark Nelson, 88, of Memphis, MO, died May 23, 2002, in New Berlin, WI.
The son of Minor and Daisy (Troth) Nelson, he was born near Arbela, MO, on August 26, 1913.
He attended the Fairview Elementary School and graduated from Granger High School.
On November 6, 1937, he was married to Dorothy Peters. They were members of the Mt. Moriah Methodist Church, north of Arbela, MO for many years.
Howard was a member of the Fairview School Board and was also a member of Farm Bureau. He had been a past resident of the Residential Terrace in Memphis.
Preceding him in death were his parents; his wife, Dorothy; his sister, Dorothy Power; his brother, Elmer Nelson; his daughter-in-law, June Dickinson Nelson; and his great-grandson, Jacob Leveille.
Survivors include a son, Kenneth Nelson and wife, Jeanne of Hales Corners, WI; a daughter, Carol Harvey and husband, Bill of New Berlin, WI; a brother-in-law, Otho Peters and wife, Twila of Wayland, MO; a sister-in-law, Hazel Peters of Grandview, MO; granddaughters, Mrs. Terry (Terri) Anderson of Iowa City, IA, Mrs. Paul (Julie) Kardatzke of Spring Green, WI, Mrs. Peter (Kristine) Leveille of Orlando, FL, Mrs. Ron (Kim) Smith of Foster City, CA, and Becky Nelson of Chevy Chase, MD; grandson, Jeffrey Nelson of Milwaukee, WI; and great-grandchildren, Zachary Ander-son, Amy Anderson, Nicole Leveille, Kyle Leveille, James Kardatzke, and Christopher Kardatzke.
Funeral services were held May 26, 2002, in the Gerth Funeral Chapel in Memphis, MO, with Reverend Carol Blackwell officiating. Music was provided by Joan Goosey, organist, and Joe Fulk, vocalist. Casketbearers were Lee Parish, Jeff Nelson, Paul Kardatzke, Terry Anderson, Larry Bloomfield, and Zachary Anderson. Honorary bearers were Kenneth Eggleston, J.D. Nelson, and Dick Stevenson. Interment was in the Mt. Moriah Cemetery, north of Arbela, MO. Memorials have been suggested to the Mt. Moriah Cemetery Fund. Arrangements were handled by Gerth Funeral Service from their Memphis, MO chapel.