November 21, 2002
Fire Destroys Contents Of Rural Scotland County Home
A cook stove was blamed for a fire Thursday evening that destroyed a rural Scotland County home. A neighbor reported the fire at approximately 9:30 p.m. November 14 at the Justin and Staci See residence southeast of Memphis off Ridge Road.
The Scotland County Fire Department responded to the call sending a full force of firemen with six fire trucks. Upon arriving at the scene the firemen found the northwest corner of the home fully engulfed by flames.
Firemen entered the kitchen area, where the blaze was centered and quickly brought the blaze under control.
A hose team wearing air tanks entered the home via a sliding door in the northwest corner of the house. Their efforts were hampered when a portion of the second story above the kitchen area collapsed.
Fire damage was limited to the kitchen, an adjoining storage area as well as the room above the kitchen and the cellar below. However the remainder of the residence sustained heavy smoke and heat damage. The fire was so hot that it melted a television set as well as computer equipment located three rooms away from the blaze.
Firemen were on the scene until approximately 6:00 a.m. the following morning dealing with occasional hot spots and assisting the Missouri State Fire Marshall in his investigation. The fire marshal's report indicated the blaze started either in the kitchen's cook stove or a nearby crock pot.
The See family was not home at the time of the fire. A majority of their possessions were damaged or destroyed by the fire and the corresponding heat and smoke.
- CHURCH NEWS
- CLASSIFIED ADS
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- SOCIAL NEWS