June 14, 2001

Granger Man Severely Burned In Shed Blaze

A Granger man suffered burns over 50 percent of his body in an accident Friday afternoon, June 8.

According to the Scotland County Sheriff's Department, Robin Spurgeon was attempting to burn an old shed when the gasoline he used to ignite the fire, back flashed and caught Spurgeon's clothing on fire.

Spurgeon was taken to Scotland County Memorial Hospital and then taken by helicopter to University Medical Center in Columbia. No report was available on his condition.

Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » appearance » Widgets » and move a widget into Advertise Widget Zone